We live in a world of increasing complexity, with innovative technologies, new legislation, stringent governance procedures, an increase in multi-vendor procurement models and a decline in the use of traditional procurement methods; getting the right contract for your project has never been more complicated.
With over 30 years of successful trading we have in-depth knowledge of the pre-contract practices for the sectors we work in and possess the expertise to guide your organisation through the minefield that exists in getting to the optimum signed contract agreement. When we are appointed to act in a new market sector our experience and expertise has been that our commercial and legal skills are transferable across markets, from process engineering to shipbuilding to IT outsourcing we have vast experience and demonstrable performance.
Whether you are using a standard form of contract or need to create a bespoke arrangement we understand the pressure to get a deal as quickly and economically as possible and our team will ensure you understand the risks you face and how to manage them.
Blake Newport has considerable pre-contract experience in acting on behalf of our clients in both the public and private sector, be they Funders, Employers, Main Contractors, Sub-contractors or Suppliers. We have created and managed parties who have entered into a Joint Venture agreement and have also supported Partnering Arrangements. We also have considerable experience in PFI/PPP projects from inception to close out.
During the pre-contract phase of a project the services we can provide are:
- Identification of business critical activities and key services
- Business case development and governance throughout the procurement process
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Creation and population of a Risk Register and Risk Allocation Model
- Procurement modelling for employers and devising the optimum procurement strategy
- Bid support for contractors
- Response to RFQs
- Production of tender documents
- Supplier selection
- Proposal evaluation
- Contract preparation
- Bid evaluation and negotiation
- Contract drafting
- Contract award
- Project closure/handover to contract management team
- Management of supplier(s) during implementation/transition
- Tender Audits.