We have channelled all our contract and commercial expertise and knowledge into bespoke training courses which are designed and delivered with one primary objective: to help our clients achieve.
A key feature of the Blake Newport approach to training is we always take the time and effort to understand:
- The processes used by the target audience
- The skills and capabilities of the audience
- The client’s training objectives
- The client’s training commitment.
Armed with such an understanding, we build bespoke training courses which marry the client needs with the extensive knowledge possessed by us.
- Off the shelf and bespoke
- Positioned in the context of the client’s operations
- Timed to meet the needs of the project and/or the company commitment
- Delivered by knowledge transfer and workshop-based reinforcement
- Modularised to facilitate delivery flexibility
- very training course is:
Extensive course reference materials are supplied and course feedback is measured.
Standard Form Contracts Training
One area of Training Blake Newport specialises in, is Standard Forms of Contract. The following training courses have been supplied to some of Blake Newport’s clients in the past.
- Introduction to NEC
- NEC Contract Data Parts 1 and 2
- NEC Early Warnings and Compensation Events
- NEC Preparing Compensation Events
- NEC Preparing Priced Activity Schedules
- NEC Option A
- NEC Option C
- Introduction to JCT
- JCT Contract review and Common Problems
- Introduction to ICC
- Introduction to IChemE
- Introduction to Fidic
Sample Contract Process Training Course
Modules provide the basic training framework around which a bespoke package can be developed. Workshop exercises are available for each module, if required.
Module 1 – The Contract
- Understanding the Contract: Sub-Contracts and Main Contracts Sub-Contracts and Purchase Orders
- The Contract Programme
Module 2 – Contract Administration
- What is Contract Administration?
- Who Undertakes the Contract Administration?
- Contract Start Up
- Contractual Processes for Contract
- Programme Management & the SCL Protocol
- The Impact of Ineffective Contract Administration
Module 3 – Contract Closure
- What is Contract Closure?
- Retaining Project Team Involvement
- Contractual Processes for Closure
- Management of the Post-Handover Contractual Terms
Module 4 – Disputes
- Definition of a Dispute
- Dispute Management
- Dispute Principles
- Resolution Options