Blake Newport (we and us) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of transactions you carry out through this website (the Site) and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site, including, but not limited to, information provided at the time of requesting or subscribing to any service or becoming a registered user or if you enter any competition or promotion sponsored by us;
- information if you choose to complete one of our on-line questionnaires which run on the Site from time to time;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem with the Site or to submit comments or suggestions; and
- details of your visits to the Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Site. We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
This can also include using ‘cookies’ which contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies enable us to monitor website traffic and to aggregate this data to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behaviour of the visitors to our Site. This helps us to understand which areas of the Site are of particular interest and also which pages are not being requested. Cookies also enable us to deliver a better and more personalised service, for example by allowing us to:
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to the Site.
You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening but this may mean that you are unable to use certain features on our site. The “Help” menu of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed or how to delete existing cookies from your hard drive visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we process and store your information
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for us or one of our group companies or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Any personal information you provide will be held securely on our systems and/or those of Venda Limited (the company hosting this Site on our behalf). Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, for example to fulfill your orders;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have indicated that you wish to be contacted for such purposes by post, email, SMS, telephone or other means of electronic communication;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about third party goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these, where you have indicated that you wish to be contacted for such purposes by post, email, SMS, telephone or other means of electronic communication.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any affiliated company within our group.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if you have indicated that you wish to be contacted by selected third parties with information about those third parties’ goods and services;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers or other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or un-checking (as directed) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by opting to ‘unsubscribe’ as directed within relevant communications we send to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Site may, from time to time, contain hyperlinks to and from internet sites operated by other organisations. If you follow a hyperlink to any of these sites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such sites.
Access to your information
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to request a copy of the personal data, which we hold with reference to you. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee (not exceeding £10) for the provision of a copy of such data. You also have the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected.